Bathroom remodeling: Things To Know
With the amount of time you spend in your bathroom, it’s important that it be a space you enjoy. An expertly remodelled bathrooms will provide you a relaxing and elegant sanctuary, while one that is poorly done will serve as a daily reminder of shoddy workmanship or low-quality materials. Ensure that you get the relaxing, revitalizing space you deserve by following these helpful bathroom remodeling tips.
- Budget for unexpected costs when planning your Bathroom remodeling. Hidden water damage is a frequent occurrence, but the right bathroom remodeling company will be able to notify you of any problems by performing exploratory work prior to starting your remodel. Having preliminary discussion with your remodeling crew and establishing a full inventory of your home’s issues will make it much easier to budget for the unexpected.
- Consider Efficiency: Considering your bathroom remodel as an investment, you are probably interested in hearing about the potential return on investment.
- Rethink Your Tub: As wonderful as a relaxing soak in your tub is, think about how often you actually have the time to do so. If you use your bath infrequently, consider investing in a luxury shower instead. Current remodel trends include tub replacement services or tub to shower conversions for increased functionality.
- Don’t Hire the Cheapest Labor: Cost is a major concern with any renovation project, but before you hire based solely on a lower price tag, it’s important to think of this project as an investment. Depending on your remodel’s complexity, there can potentially be several types of work going on simultaneously during the process, from plumbing to electrical wiring. Whether you opt for a single team of expert general contractors or a piecemeal team of specialists, make sure to only consider those with industry credentials, trade certifications, and consistently positive feedback from past clients.
- Don’t Rush the Process: The number one reason for going over budget during a bathroom remodel is poor planning, or a complete lack of it from the beginning. Take the time to consult with experts to thoroughly discuss your ideas, lifestyle requirements, and budget.
- Don’t Forget About Storage: While his and hers sinks used to be popular amenities, most couples now agree that additional space on the vanity for storage is more important. Adding features like built-in shower caddies or soap dishes are also easy ways to increase the amount of storage you have in your bathroom.
In the Cleveland, Ohio area, whether you are looking for a bath replacement, walk-in tub, or a space-saving shower, Reliable Contractor Services offers the products and services you need. Call to discuss your design ideas with one of our friendly representatives, or complete our convenient online form to request your free estimate.
We are your one stop shop. We perform plumbing drain cleaning and repair/installation, basement waterproofing, excavation, and pipe video inspection/recording along with high pressure water jetting.
Why is important to know your contractor?
- There are weekend warriors and the other hand there are licensed, bonded, insured and accredited contractors. If you want it done twice, hire the weekend warrior!
- Most all of the licensed, bonded and insured contractors are good, but some are better than others. We recommend that you the customer ask a lot of detailed questions.
- When hiring a licensed contractor, they are held to higher standards (especially ones state licensed).
- Lower cost contractors are usually the worst decision. Please be sure to ask why they are lower than other quotes and check their references. Check with the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and local authorities to see to determine the contractor’s reputation.
Serving the greater Cleveland, Ohio area, give us a call today at 440-324-2380.
With over 25 years of experience, we at Reliable Contractor Services are committed to offering our customers the most effective solution to your problem at the fairest price possible.