Sewer Backup Repair Cleveland Ohio
Sewer Backup Information and Preventing Health Problems
Sewer Backup Health Prevention:
• Turn off all power to eliminate electrical hazards.
• Keep children and pets away from the area.
• Avoid contact with sewage or items contaminated by sewage. Wear gloves, boots and rain gear during cleanup.
• For sewer backup Hose down the contaminated area if possible, and wear goggles or safety glasses if you use a hose for cleanup.
• Protect cuts and scrapes and immediately wash a wound that comes in contact with sewage.
• Wash all surfaces with hot, soapy water.
• Disinfect all surfaces with a solution of one part household bleach to ten parts water.
• Discard saturated wall-to-wall carpet and pad.
• Wash and disinfect clothing and supplies used in cleaning up.
• For professional help, search online for water damage restoration and carpet cleaning.
Sewer Cleaning, Inspection and Investigation
Sewer system cleaning, inspection, investigation and repair are performed year-round. The piped system, including storm inlets and sumps are cleaned in cycles by crews using truck-mounted high pressure water jet systems. Some trucks are equipped with a vacuum system used to suck debris from sewer facilities.
All facilities are inspected on a cycle to determine condition. Sewer inspection is by closed circuit video or by physically entering the system. Entry can be as involved as using entry teams on supplied air systems. With this condition data, the city inventory can be tracked and assessed for repair needs.
Finding the location or source of a problem is done through visual inspection of sewer pipes, dye testing, and closed circuit video of the sewer main. By inspecting the inside of sewers, crews can determine the source of the problem, nature of the blockage, and condition of the pipe.
Sewer Repair Methods
Main sewer repair involves extensive excavation, shoring up supporting walls, removing and relaying pipe and connections, backfilling, and installing plates for temporary cover. Service lines which originate from private property and feed into the main line are a typical area for leaks or breaks. Off-road jobs outside the right-of-way require a great deal of manual work for excavation and hauling materials, rock, and dirt to and from the site.
Sump and sedimentation manholes separate the storm water from sanitary water, reducing the volume and cost of treatment. Culvert repair diverts storm run-off and minimizes erosion and run-off. Shoring stabilizes trench walls and protects employees from cave-ins. Shoring also supports exposed utilities until the ground is restored.
Plastic pipe is a widely used material because it is lightweight and flexible. Its seamlessness makes it a good material for installation in unstable environments. Lightweight materials and compact construction equipment reduce the cost of repair and minimize environmental damage.
Main sewer construction disrupts a lot of ground. Intense use of space and conflicts with traffic are to be expected. Implementation of new technologies, such as no-dig techniques, ensures that the integrity of the City’s infrastructure is maintained.
Paying for Sewer Repairs
The source or location of a sewer problem determines who pays for repair. Cities are responsible for the public right-of-way (curb to curb), from one side of the street to another. The property owner is responsible for the area from the curb to the back of their property line. Easements (generally 10 feet wide) where main sewers traverse private property are an exception to this rule.
In the case of unimproved, gravel, dirt, or abandoned streets, plumbing records are researched by engineers at the Bureau of Environmental Services to determine responsibility.
Now due to recent technological advances, contractors are able to replace or repair pipe without digging a trench and disturbing soil, landscaping, or driveways. This is known as “trenchless” or “no dig” pipe repair. Reliable Hydro Excavation are now offering this option to homeowners and businesses.
For more Cleveland, Ohio trenchless plumbing information, call 1-833.safe.dig(723-3344) or go to www.wedigcleaner.com
Reliable Contractor Services in the Cleveland, Ohio area is your one stop shop. We also perform plumbing drain cleaning and repair/installation, basement waterproofing, excavation, and pipe video inspection/recording along with high pressure water jetting.
Residential and Commercial services are available 24/7!
Why is important to know your contractor?
• There are weekend warriors and the other hand there are licensed, bonded, insured and accredited contractors. If you want it done twice, hire the weekend warrior!
• Most all of the licensed, bonded and insured contractors are good, but some are better than others. We recommend that you the customer ask a lot of detailed questions.
• When hiring a licensed contractor, they are held to higher standards (especially ones state licensed).
• Lower cost contractors are usually the worst decision. Please be sure to ask why they are lower than other quotes and check their references. Check with the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and local authorities to see to determine the contractor’s reputation.
With over 25 years of experience, we at Reliable Contractor Services are committed to offering our customers the most effective solution to your problem at the fairest price possible.
Reliable Contractor Services, the Cleveland, OH Sewer Back Up experts!