Vacuum Excavation Facts From Reliable Hydro Excavation
Vacuum Excavation Facts From Reliable Hydro Excavation. Vacuum excavation, hydro excavation, or suction excavation, is the process of removing soil from the ground or removing debris from various ground locations via a vacuum hose, which varies between six and 8 inches in diameter. The vacuum air inlet has a speed of up to 220 mph. Reliable Hydro Excavation Services is your Ohio area Vacuum Excavation experts!
The vacuum boom is guided by an operator that raises and lowers the vacuum hose to reach and suction material into the vacuum tank. Simultaneously a high pressure water jetter loosens the soil so that the vacuum nozzle can pick up the debris. If a rock is too large for the vacuum hose there is enough vacuum pressure to lift the rock and place it aside.
Vacuum excavation operations may either be via compressed air or high-pressure water. Either excavation method is considered best practice in locating underground utilities and reducing downtime from striking underground utilities. Vacuum excavators will pick up virtually any kind of material such as mud, stones and pebbles, railway ballast, sand, and water.
How Does it Work
Using high pressure water or compressed air through a hand-held wand, the operator can be surgically precise in digging trenches, tunnels, and holes – and it results in less soil disturbance and quicker project completion.
Utilities Exposed by Vacuum Excavation
Vacuum excavation helps public agencies to locate sensitive underground utilities and expose them for daylighting, helping to fully map and locate these utilities. Operators usually report finding many more underground utilities than initially reported, avoiding underground strikes and ultimately saving time and money for taxpayers and contractors.
Suction excavation can be used for bulk excavation in confined areas. The vacuum hose and high pressure line can reach over or through barriers into a residential backyard to dig a pool. Railways can vacuum old track ballast off and around rail tracks and then re-ballast the track. Under ideal conditions a vacuum excavator can dig a 5 foot hole 10 inches in diameter in 15 min. or less.
Soft excavation technology is changing the excavation industry by offering more precise cutting of holes, safer access to utilities, reduced hand digging, reduced backhoe work, or other mechanical means. Traditional exploratory excavation techniques still expose ground workers to risk of injury, even when used with Ground Penetrating Radar or Cable Avoidance Tools. Services that are missed or simply untraceable can be damaged and will cause project delays and cost overruns. As a result of these advantages, this method of excavation has become popular in the past 15 years. It is a relatively environmentally friendly excavation process.
Utilities exposed by vacuum excavation
Where Vacuum Excavation Is Utilized
Vacuum excavation offers a non-destructive digging method in many areas:
- Utility line location (potholing)
- Installation and repair for utility companies and pipelines
- Sewer and pipe repair and installation
- Sewer jetting
- Manhole rehabilitation
- Sump and catch basin cleaning
- Slot trenching and excavation
- Waterline maintenance and repair
- Railway maintenance and repair
- Horizontal directional drilling
- Excavation in congested areas
- Sign and pole installation
- Excavation for landscaping
- Precision digging
- Construction site cleanup
- Environmental cleanup
Reliable Hydro Excavation in Northeast Ohio process provides a safe alternative to conventional digging methods such as skid steers, backhoes, and bulldozers. Unlike traditional mechanical excavation, damage or disruption to critical underground utilities is minimized using pressurized water (3,000PSI and 80 GPM).
In addition to high-powered vacuuming.. This method of excavation can significantly reduce the risk of damage to site infrastructure. Reliable Hydro Excavation Services Cleveland, Ohio can complete a typical excavation project in a fraction of the time compared to conventional digging methods.
- Non Destructive soil and debris removal
- Hot water capability to easily excavate frozen ground
- More Accurate and efficient excavation
- Debris removal, trenching,remote digging and potholing
- Remote controlled vacuuming function
- 3,000 gallon water tank with up to 80 GPM flow
- Integrated fall-protection harness
- Decreases safety-related incidents
- Reaches locations where traditional excavation may not be possible or ideal
- Built in fall-protection safety features keep operators safe
- Increases efficiency and decreased downtime
- Surrounding area and soil remain unchanged
Reliable Hydro Excavation Services serving Ohio can do the job for you.
For more Cleveland, Ohio trenchless plumbing information, call 1.833.safe.dig (723-3344). Sister company Reliable Contractor Services in the Cleveland, Ohio area is your one stop shop. We also perform plumbing drain cleaning and repair/installation, basement waterproofing, excavation, and pipe video inspection/recording along with high pressure water jetting. Residential and Commercial services are available 24/7!
Why is important to know your contractor?
- There are weekend warriors and the other hand there are licensed, bonded, insured and accredited contractors. If you want it done twice, hire the weekend warrior!
- Most all of the licensed, bonded and insured contractors are good, but some are better than others. We recommend that you the customer ask a lot of detailed questions.
- When hiring a licensed contractor, they are held to higher standards (especially ones state licensed).
- Lower cost contractors are usually the worst decision. Please be sure to ask why they are lower than other quotes and check their references. Check with the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and local authorities to see to determine the contractor’s reputation.
With over 25 years of experience, we at Reliable Contractor Services are committed to offering our customers the most effective solution to your problem at the fairest price possible. Reliable Hydro Excavation Services, the Cleveland, OH Vacuum Excavation experts!